Video Conferencing – All You Need to Know
With the COVID 19 pandemic gripping the whole world, work from home has become the norm these days. Teams across the world are finding ways to collaborate and make work more productive.
One of the most effective techniques adopted by corporates for collaborative work is video conferencing. Through video conferencing, team members across the globe can come face to face and discuss various aspects of work.
What is Video Conferencing?
Video conferencing is a real-time conference between two or more people happening across the globe. It makes use of a video camera, microphone, and a speaker connected either through a mobile phone, tablet, desktop or a laptop. When one person speaks, his/her voice is carried over the network and delivered to the other person through his speaker. The image of the person appears on the monitor of the laptop or the mobile phone.
In addition to the basic equipment, a video conferencing app or tool is also required through which the conference takes place.
What are the Different Types of Video Conferencing?
- Desktop video conferencing: This is the most common type of conference that is conducted in business centers in Abu Dhabi. In a desktop video conference, the image of the participants is projected on the desktop or laptop monitor of the other participants.
- Telepresence video conferencing: This is a type of conferencing that resembles a meeting conducted in a room. In telepresence video conferencing, cameras are positioned at the eye level of the participants. It is then projected on a large screen in the meeting room. This creates the impression that all participants are sitting in the same room
Both the above type of video conferences can be internal or external. In an internal conference, the meeting is conducted between the team members of a project, whereas in an external conference, the meeting is conducted with the clients.
What are the Uses of Video Conferencing?
Apart from conducting business meetings, video conferencing can be used for the following purposes.
- Webinar: Webinar is a seminar that is conducted over the web. It is a type of web-based event that is attended by an online audience. For conducting a webinar, high-quality visuals and audio is required. By using state of the art equipment for conducting a webinar, you can grab the attention of your potential clients or leads.
- Online teaching: In today’s times, when social distancing is the norm, online teaching through videos has come as an aid for both students and teachers. When video conferencing is used for teaching, the teacher need not be in the same room as the student. Moreover, since the classes are conducted in real-time, the interaction becomes more effective. Online teaching can be conducted one-on-one or for an entire class of students.
- Training and support: Whether it is training a new employee or providing technical support to your client, it is now possible through video conferencing. Just like online teaching, the training can be conducted individually or for a group of new employees.
- Interviews: When there are a large number of applicants for a particular job, interviewing them in person is a difficult task. With high-quality video conferencing equipment, interviews can be conducted easily and fast, thus saving valuable time. This is particularly useful when you have to conduct interviews remotely.
Whether you are working from serviced offices Dubai or business centers in Dubai, carrying out the day-to-day activities is now effortless thanks to video conferencing. The only requirement is high-quality visual and audio aids that provide an excellent conferencing experience.