Productivity in Co-working Space – Understand the Magic Behind it
Co-working space is a relatively new concept that has taken the modern workspace by storm. A co-working space provides the right working environment for freelancers, start-up entrepreneurs and small businesses to work together, network, and share knowledge.
One of the major concerns while working in a co-working space in Dubai is productivity. This is more so if you are a freelancer or an independent professional and do not have any colleagues to discuss your work with. But just because you are working all by yourself does not mean that you should compromise on your productivity.
Here are some ways you can stay motivated and put forward your best in a co-working environment.
- Plan your day well: First and foremost, you should make yourself accountable for the work in hand. Do not get distracted by the social environment in the co-working space. Before you start the job for a day, you should chart out the work in hand in order of preference. As and when you complete the task, strike it off from the list. Also, make sure that you leave the office only when you have completed the day’s work.
- Cut off from distractions: Apart from the social environment in the co-working space, another major distraction is social media. If you are so particular about checking your social media accounts, you can do so at the beginning of the day. Once done, log out of all the social media platforms, unless it is required for the work. This creates the right environment to concentrate on your work.
- Avoid procrastination: Since you are working as a small team or all by yourself in a co-working space, there is a greater tendency to procrastinate. Sometimes, the social environment of the office can distract you and make you delay the work. This usually happens in case of large work like preparing a report. One way to avoid procrastination is to break down work into different milestones. Once you do that, you will find it easy to finish it.
- Keep the workspace well organized: If you have a lot of files and papers to work with, make sure that they are all well-organized. If you have space, you can also place a small desktop plant to provide a touch of greenery. Having a well-organized and clean surrounding can boost your productivity.
- Take breaks: Even if you have loads of work to finish, make sure that you take a break regularly. Get up from your seat and take a stroll every 30 minutes. This not only recharges your brain but also provides enough movement for your body. If you have a pantry in the co-working space, you can spend some time there and catch up with your co-workers.
- Develop good relations with your co-workers: Having good and friendly co-workers to work with creates a positive vibe in you. This, in turn, will reflect in your productivity. If you have any co-workers working in the same domain as yours, you can discuss the work and clear doubts with them. But make sure not to disturb others with your discussion. You can make use of the meeting room for such tasks.
- Reward yourself for good work: This is particularly important if you are working alone. If you have accomplished something in your work or if your client has given you a bonus, make sure that you reward yourself. It could be a special dine-out with your friends or family or splurging on shopping. Whatever you do, make sure that it leaves you happy and content at the end of the day.
Whether it is a co-working space in Abu Dhabi or a service office space in Dubai, your productivity is in your hands. By taking breaks at regular intervals and maintaining a good relationship with your co-workers, you are sure to boost your productivity in the workspace.